At Woodstove Outlet we want to make your Woodstove or Pellet Stove purchase a pleasant and easy transaction. In the below sections you'll find important information regarding the ordering process and shipment of your new stove. Please take the time to read this information carefully. If you still have questions or concerns please call us.
1. All Woodstove and Pellet Stoves must be shipped by freight truck. Their weight and/or bulk will not allow us to ship them through any other service. (No US Mail, UPS, FEDEX etc.)
2. It is your responsibility to comply with all local fire codes regarding installation of the stove and any options or accessories. Read the stove manual carefully regarding assembly and installation. If you feel unsure about any installation issues we recommend you consult with a licensed contractor, building official or fire marshall. We will not be responsible for returns based on these issues.
3. We have noted which stoves are appropriate for installation in mobile homes. Not all of our stoves are appropriate for mobile homes and all installation instructions found in the manual must be followed to insure a safe installation in these types of homes.
4. If you order additional items besides the stove we will do our best to ship all of the items at the same time and in the same shipment. Circumstances may not allow this in all cases but you will not be charged an additional fee if the items are shipped separately.
5. Stove orders are handled differently than a normal order. As such our shopping cart will not calculate freight charges for stoves. The cart will calculate the shipping charges for any other items you may order. This is done so if you decide not to purchase the stove your order will process normally with us.
6. At this time we cannot ship stoves to Alaska, Hawaii or Canada.
How we process Woodstove/Pellet Stove Orders
Once we receive your order for a Woodstove or Pellet Stove you may expect to receive a phone call from us within 1-2 business days. Please be sure that the phone number you give us on the checkout form is a daytime phone number where you can be reached. This phone call will confirm your order, and discuss freight charges and delivery options. We will also answer any questions or concerns you may have. Until you receive this call from us and everything is confirmed we will not bill your credit card or process your order. After the stove is shipped we will contact you with updated shipping/delivery information.
Shipping Information and Delivery Options
As stated earlier all stoves ship via freight truck. Please keep in mind the following information regarding shipment and delivery of your stove.:
1. Woodstoves and Pellet Stoves are heavy (most are several hundred pounds) and will require manpower and/or equipment to unload them from the truck and get them into your residence. If you do not have the necessary manpower and/or equipment to handle the stove we recommend one of our optional delivery services.
2. The stove will arrive on a full size semi freight truck. (typical 18 wheeler size) If there is not reasonable access to your residence then you should consider one of our optional delivery services.
3. The freight company will contact you prior to delivery to insure that an adult will be at home at the scheduled delivery time. They will not deliver the shipment unless a responsible adult is present to take delivery and sign for the shipment.
We offer three levels of delivery service for the stoves. As each order and delivery situation is different you will receive an exact freight charge either during or shortly after we talk with you on the phone.
The three delivery options are:
1. Basic Freight Service
Price varies - This service is for those who have the manpower and/or equipment to unload the stove once it arrives at their chosen delivery site. The customer will be expected to unload the stove once the driver gets the stove to the back of the truck. This is the most economical type of delivery service we offer. However this is not a good option for those who do not have the manpower/equipment to unload the stove or for those who live in locations that the truck cannot get to.
2. Standard Threshold Delivery
$119.95 minimum charge - Delivery to driveway, curbside, front step, front door, or inside garage. Delivery equipment includes a lift gate-equipped truck, pallet jack, hand truck and two men. This service does not include uncrating, unpacking, de-skidding, placement or debris removal.
3. Premier Inside Delivery
$149.95 minimum charge - Inside delivery to room of your choice also includes de-skidding, placement and debris removal to an off-site receptacle. Delivery equipment includes two men, lift gate-equipped truck, pallet jack and hand truck.
Damage and Returns
All shipments are inspected before they leave our warehouse. We do not ship damaged or defective goods. Once the shipment leaves our warehouse the freight carrier assumes responsibility for damage done during the shipment of your order. Once the shipment arrives you should inspect it carefully for any damage. Once you sign for the delivery the freight company is released from any damage claims. If damage is found you should note it on the delivery ticket and call us immediately. If the damage is severe refuse the shipment and call us immediately.
We must emphasize the point that it is your responsibility to carefully inspect the shipment for any sign of damage internally or externally in front of the driver. Remove packaging if necessary to inspect the shipment. You must note any damage found in writing on the delivery ticket. Failure to do so will make the shipment your property regardless of condition. No exceptions.
Wood Stoves and Pellet Stoves may be returned with 30 days of purchase provided the following conditions are met:
1. The stove must not have been installed or used.
2. Any stove returned to us for any reason MUST have an RMA number. Returns without an RMA number are subject to a 20% restocking fee. The stove (unless damaged in shipping) must be returned to us in new re-sellable condition with the original box, all factory or product manuals and factory packaging materials. Failure to include these materials may result in our not accepting your return.
3. You are responsible for return freight charges and insurance. You, or the freight company are responsible for any damage that may occur during return shipping. Package the shipment carefully.
4. The purchase amount will be refunded less freight charges.
5. For smaller items not shipped by freight truck our regular Return Policy will apply.